gift a gallon
what is gift a gallon?
Gift a Gallon is a way to provide practical items for hygiene care, send love, and uplift Raise the Roof Academy students and other community children in Uganda during the RTRA Rhino Kid’s Summer Camp. You and your family can make a big difference in the life of a child with a small, gallon-sized gift.
Sounds awesome, what can i do to help?
- Choose to provide a Gallon Gift for your sponsored child or an unsponsored boy or girl.
- Go shopping! We encourage starting with the basics on the list, and then you can add in a fun gift if space allows.
- Fit everything into one, gallon-sized storage bag per child. It must be able to zip close.
- Personalize with a letter and photo. Let your child know who you are!
- Include a $7 check to RTRA for shipping and handling.
- Place check, card, and photo in an unsealed envelope in your bag.
- Fill out the info card. Detach and insert into your bag.
- Turn in your Gallon Gift before the deadline: 1) mail to RTRA, PO Box 92216, Nashville, TN 37209, or 2) bring to one of the following collection sites:
- Blakemore UMC, Nashville, TN
- Christ UMC, Franklin, TN
- Grace UMC, Mt. Juliet, TN
- Homestead UMC, Crossville, TN
- Connell Memorial UMC, Goodlettsville, TN
- Central Presbyterian, Merced, CA
- First Presbyterian, Concord, CA
- Questions? Contact us at 615-686-9085 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Shopping List Basics:
- 1 Toothbrush with case
- 2 Travel-size toothpastes
- Dark colored socks
- 1 Washcloth
- 1 Bar of soap
- 1 Nail clipper
- 1 Pack of crayons
- 1 Small coloring book or notebook
- 1 T-shirt or dress
- 2 Pencils & sharpener
Ideas for fun extra items:
- Jump rope
- Toy car/truck
- Sports bra
- Solar calculator
- Flashlight with batteries
- Bracelet or necklace
- Hard plastic bowl, plate, or bottle
- Hard candies in separate small bag
Please do not include:
Used or damaged items, cash, war-related items (toy guns, knives or army men), chocolate, food, liquids, lotions, medications, vitamins, breakable items such as snow-globes or glass containers, aerosol cans, balloons, hair accessories or hair brushes.
Tips & Tricks:
- Remove extra packaging to save space.
- Children’s clothing sizes correspond closely to age.
- The kids love practical items, so please keep the toy and novelty items to a minimum.